October 13, 2012

Chuan Ma, Rowland Heights

After reading SinoSoul.com's write up on Chuan Ma, we couldn't wait to make the 50 mile trek to Rowland Heights to try the fierce noodles. To our disappointment, the restaurant had run out of sliced noodles by 5pm on a Sunday so we had to settle for the regular noodles. I waited to post this because we wanted to go back and try the sliced noodles, but they were out on our second attempt as well. Perhaps they just stopped making it all together or we just keep going at the wrong time. Either way, we hope others have had better luck.


 

House Beef Noodle Soup
6.95

Although we couldn't try the soup with sliced noodles, we were happy we came. The broth was rich and flavorful, the noodles were tender and there was a generous serving of beef. It was a solid bowl of beef noodle soup, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the thick cut noodles. 

Hot and Sour Rice Noodle Soup
5.95

This was one of the better hot and sour rice noodle soup I've had in Southern California, but I'm not sure that's saying much since it's not a noodle dish I've seen at many restaurants. I really enjoyed the balance of the vinegar and peppercorns and the crunchy texture of the peanuts.

Chuan Ma Noodle House
18438 Colima Road #31
Rowland Heights, CA 91748

Chuan Ma Noodle House on Urbanspoon

No comments: