March 28, 2017

Vegan Menu at Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill



Since moving to eating whole plant based, I've only dined out at two restaurants so far and they have both been stellar. My latest dining adventure was at Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill. This is a chain of restaurants in Southern California serving food made from natural, organic, non-GMO, ingredients with gluten free and vegan options. The restaurant's motto is "feel good about eating". It's always nice to find restaurants that are vegan or plant based friendly and transparent about the ingredients in their food.

I ended up getting the organic tofu fajita bowl without sour cream and substituted grilled vegetables with steamed vegetables. The bowl also included black/pinto beans, guacamole and pico de gallo. At $9.49, the portion was quite large. I thought the marinaded tofu was well seasoned with a delicate texture. The salsa bar had a nice selection including fire roasted salsa, marinaded carrots, onion and cilantro.



It was a great first introduction to the vegan menu at Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill. I am looking forward to a return visit before I head out of Southern California. Maybe The AJ burrito is in my future. A whole wheat tortilla filled with organic rice, organic pinto beans, steamed broccoli and guacamole.

This is the vegan menu at the Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill I went to. The options include burritos, bowls, salads, and even a secret menu.

No comments: