April 12, 2009

Carnitas Michoacan, Lincoln Heights

At the corner of San Fernando and Broadway is the brightly painted taco stand, Carnitas Michoacan.


The first thing you'll notice walking up to the stand is the al pastor cooking on a spit. There was no reason to even look at the menu above us. The decision was already made. Al pastor all the way.


Drinks

Horchata


We always order horchata without ice and this is one of the best we've had. The horchata had a perfect balance of flavors and it was so smooth. Next time I will have to order a large.

Food

Burritos Al Pastor



The burrito al pastor is wrapped neatly and tightly, giving me the piece of mind that my burrito won't fall apart after a few bites. The first bite was filled with meat, beans, rice, cilantro, onion and carrot. All the flavors blended together to create one of the best first bites of a burrito. The al pastor had the perfect amount of meat and fat and cooked just right, moist and tender. One thing I love even more than the meat is the amount of rice and beans. Some places overwhelm their burritos with these two ingredients as fillers, but not Carnitas Michoacan. They add just the right amount for my taste. Definitely the best burrito al pastor I've had.

Carne Asada Taco


So we did get a carne asada taco which was very good. Definitely one of the better tacos I've had with lots of meat and wonderful flavor.

Overall, I have been to this location a few times now and the food is consistently good. My mouth waters when I think about their burrito al pastor and I can't wait until my next visit. There is plenty of seating and the woman taking the orders is very friendly and speaks English. I didn't get the individual prices on all the items we ordered, but our bill was a little over $13 for the horchata, burritos and taco.

Carnitas Michoacan
1901 N. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90031

Parking

There is plenty of free parking in the parking lot, accessible on San Fernando.

No comments: