July 13, 2013

Spinasse, Seattle WA

What? You haven't heard of Spinasse? Admittedly, I hadn't either until I showed up in Seattle and everyone kept raving about their butter and sage pasta. There was no way I was going to miss this restaurant before leaving Seattle. Luckily, my friend was able to squeeze me into her reservation 4 hours before my flight and I got to taste a sample of their offerings before rudely leaving in the middle of dinner to catch my flight. 


You know the restaurant is legit when all you see the minute you walk through the door is a giant work station dedicated to making fresh pasta. 

A sample of their antipasti
Asparagus, Prosciutto di Parma, rabbit pate and house bread. The asparagus tasted like it was just harvested. It had a wonderful crunchiness to it and was paired with a poached egg and generous shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano. 

Cavatelli di funghi spugnole
25
The pasta was served with an earthy morel mushroom sauce and If you love morels like I do, you will definitely get your fix with this dish.  

Tajarin al ragù o burro e salvia
22
This is the dish that everyone raves about. It actually comes with a choice of ragu or butter and sage sauce. Of course we ordered it with the butter and sage sauce. The pasta is so thin, it's difficult to separate especially with the butter sauce. It ended up a bit clumpy, but the taste was spot on. The pasta almost melted into the butter and sage sauce and every bite was just divine. The richness of the butter is followed by the savory flavor of sage that  keeps you wanting more. I understood why everyone loved the dish so much. 

Everything we ordered left me wanting more and I look forward to going back on my next visit to Seattle. 

Spinasse
1531 14th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122

No comments: