March 7, 2017

Barley Stew with Edamame and Carrots | Plant Based, Oil Free, Instant Pot



I can't believe it has been close to two years since my last blog post. The reason I started this blog was to chronicle my food adventures, mostly outside of the kitchen. Going forward, I will be sharing more recipes from my kitchen as a way to help me member the hits. Hope you enjoy the new direction of the blog!

Right now, I am eating whole plant based with limited salt and no oils (processed cooking oils). This oil free vegan barley stew turned out really well and I can't wait to make it again.

Barley Stew with Edamame and Carrots


Ingredients:
1 cup dry pearled barley
3 cups filtered water
2 celery rib, diced
2 carrots, diced
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1 cup edamame
2 cups baby kale
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 avocado, diced
Salt and pepper to taste

Serves 4

Add the first five ingredients to the Instant Pot and give it a good stir. Set Instant Pot to manual for 25 minutes on high pressure. Release pressure, remove lid and stir in edamame, kale, garlic and cilantro. Once the kale starts to wilt, dish out the stew and top with lemon juice and avocado. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to individual taste. If you enjoy heat, add a dash of cayenne pepper.

If you get around to trying this recipe, let me know what you think.

No comments: