August 4, 2014

Fish and Chips at Holborn Dining Room in London

During a short three day trip to London, there were two things on my must eat list: Indian and fish and chips.
After a long day, I found myself at Holborn Dining Room conveniently located inside the Rosewood London where I was staying for one main reason: fish and chips was on the menu. The restaurant serves seasonal British fare using locally source ingredients in a casual setting, which was pretty much what I was looking for. The food was quite good, although pricey, but the service needed a little help. So, if you find yourself staying at the Rosewood London and need a nearby spot to grab a bite, Holborn Dining Room could be a good option.

Ancient loaf with Abernethy hand made butter
3.25
Good crusty bread with delicious butter.

Griddled prawns lemon, garlic butter
23
Well cooked prawns in a rich lemon garlic butter sauce. Could have used a touch more lemon for my taste, but still very good.

Fish and chips mushy peas
17


This was the dish that I was waiting for and it did not disappointment. The fish was perfectly cooked sitting on top of a mound of mushy peas. The crust was crisp, not too oily and cooked to a beautiful golden brown. The tartare sauce was creamy and tangy, a great compliment to the fish. A good first introduction to fish and chips. 

Holborn Dining Room
Rosewood Hotel London
252 High Holborn
London WC1V 7EN

Holborn Dining Room on Urbanspoon

Check out other restaurants I visited in London:
Dishoom
Maggie Jones's

No comments: